All Resources | Overview
Sign in to share, email, rate, comment or favorite.
Use this multimedia overview to learn about practices for dropout prevention. Through diagnosis of the problem, providing targeted interventions, and establishing schoolwide programs, schools can create research-based and practical solutions to keep students in school, reduce dropout rates, and recover students who left school.
This topic includes six recommended practices:
- Use data systems to identify individual students at high risk of dropping out. (Data Systems)
- Assign adult advocates to students at risk of dropping out. (Adult Advocates)
- Provide academic support and enrichment to improve academic performance. (Academic Supports)
- Implement programs to improve students' classroom behavior and social skills. (Social/Behavior Programs)
- Personalize the learning environment and instructional process. (Learning Environment)
- Provide rigorous and relevant instruction to engage students and build skills. (Rigorous/Relevant Instruction)
- Dropout Prevention (Practice Guide)
- Visual Diagram: Dropout Prevention