All Resources | Overview
Helping Students Navigate the Path to College
Sign in to share, email, rate, comment or favorite.
Experts recommend educators pay close attention to preparing students academically for two- or four-year colleges, fostering college aspirations and expectations, and assisting students with steps for college entry.
This topic includes four recommended practices:
- Prepare all students for college-level work and ensure they understand college-readiness standards. (Prepare Students Academically)
- Use assessment measures to inform students about their college readiness and close identified gaps. (Assess and Intervene)
- Surround students with adults and peers who support their college-going aspirations. (Foster College Aspirations)
- Help students and families understand and complete steps for college entry and financial aid. (Assist With College Entry)
- Helping Students Navigate the Path to College: What High Schools Can Do (Practice Guide)
Visual Diagram: Helping Students Navigate the Path to College